Dependant visa KITAS
If you are residing in Indonesia and you want to bring along your family, then a dependant KITAS is just the visa for you. Count on us to give advice and support you throughout the process; our immigration services will make it easier for you and your family.
What is a dependant visa KITAS?
Who is eligible for a dependant visa.
A dependent KITAS permits a foreigner who holds an IMTA and work visa KITAS to bring their spouse and children under the age of 17 to Indonesia.
Before a foreigner’s spouse or child can apply for the Dependant KITAS in Indonesia, they must first obtain a single-visit visa to Indonesia to enter the country or as known as Telex Vitas.
After arriving in Indonesia, they can then convert the single-visit visa into a Dependant KITAS.
What you will need to apply.
You will need the following documents to process your dependant KITAS application:
- Marriage certificate
- Indonesian spouse’s family registry (if any)
- Bank statement
- Indonesian spouse’s identity card or birth certificate (if any)
- Passport with a minimum validity of 18 months
- Two passport photos with red background
- Copy of passport’s main page
- Copy of visa stamp of the country where the application takes place
Application process and timeline
How to apply for a dependant visa KITAS.
- Apply for a KITAS in Indonesia through the sponsored company
- Enter Indonesia using Telex Vitas
- Convert the Vitas to Dependent KITAS at the local Indonesian immigration office
- We will prepare all the necessary forms and submit them along with your original passport to the immigration office.
- Go through the interview
- Collect files and submit them to Kantor Wilayah
- The head of immigration issues the approval letter
- The letter is then submitted to Jakarta’s Directorate General of Immigration (DGI)
- DGI decides if the new status will be granted
- The decision will be uploaded online in 14 days
- Collect the dependent visa and passport at the immigration office
Type of work you are allowed to perform with a dependant KITAS
The dependant KITAS does not allow the holder to work, however, if you do want to work and find a full-time job, then you should apply for an IMTA and KITAS, and you can change your family member sponsor to your new employer.
The length of the dependant KITAS will be linked with the terms on the principal KITAS, for example, if the primary KITAS is for one year, the dependant KITAS will be for the same duration.