Permanent stay permit KITAP in Indonesia.
If you are looking to stay in Indonesia permanently, Permanent stay permit KITAP is highly recommended. This visa is not as easy to get, but with the help of our professional immigration team, we will make your wish to stay in Indonesia possible.
What is a KITAP?
Types of KITAP.
The requirements and conditions vary depending on your eligibility. Below are a few examples:
KITAP for foreigners with an Indonesian spouse
Foreigners legally married to an Indonesian can convert their KITAS into a KITAP after two years of marriage. Your spouse will be the sponsor of your KITAP.
Keep in mind that you will not be eligible to apply for a KITAP if you haven’t had a KITAS first. The marriage itself make you automatically eligible.
After two times obtaining KITAP, a foreigner has rights for citizenship by applying to the Ministry of Law and Human Rights.
Foreign investors, directors and commissioners working in an Indonesian company
Benefits of having a KITAP.
- Indonesian ID with a validity of five years
- Local driver’s license (SIM) with a validity of five years
- Bank account
- Credit card
- Local prices to tourist attractions
- MERP with a validity of two years, allowing you to enter and exit the country as you like
- If you are married to an Indonesian citizen, then you will be eligible for a joint ownership over a property
Who is eligible for a KITAP.
You are eligible to apply for a KITAP if you are:
- Married to an Indonesian citizen
- An investor, director or commissioner in an Indonesian Company
- Planning to retire in Indonesia
- An Indonesian regaining your citizenship
Taking care of the whole application process from start to finish.
Application process and timeline
How to apply for a KITAP.
- Your passport
- Your KITAS
- Sponsor letter
- Indonesian ID (KTP) of your sponsor
- Tax obligation main number (NPWP)
Foreign investors also need to bring their work permit (IMTA) and the legal documents of the sponsoring company. The process usually takes approximately three months.