What is a work permit (IMTA)?
Who is eligible for a work visa.
- Human resource
- Quality control and inspection
- Supply chain management
- Health, safety, and environment affairs
What you will need to apply.
To be considered for a KITAS work visa and work permit both you and your employer will need to provide certain documents.
Documents provided by you:
- Certificate of degree/diploma
- Passport copy (note that your passport will need to have minimum four blank pages and 18 months of validity)
- Two photographs size 4 cm x 6 cm
- Domicile letter (Surat Keterangan Tempat Tinggal) from the sub-district (Kantor Kelurahan); or Letter of Domicile from the building management or house/apartment rental agreement letter – signed by the house/apartment owner
Company sponsor documents:
- Company’s deed of establishment and its amendments (if any)
- Approval from the Ministry of Law and Human Rights (MoLHR) of company sponsor / SK Kehakiman Pendirian Perusahaan dan Perubahannya (if any)
- Certificate of Domicile (SKDU) of company sponsor
- Business license (SIUP) / principle license (Izin Prinsip/IP) / permanent business license (Izin Usaha Tetap/IUT)
- Certificate of company registration (TDP)
- ID Card (KTP) of the Indonesian director of company sponsor as guarantor, or passport of the foreign director
- Blank papers with the company’s letterhead; (for application letters)
- Mandatory Manpower Report (Wajib Lapor Ketenagakerjaan) of company sponsor
- Employment contract
- Company’s bank account information or statement – minimum balance USD1,500
- Other documents depending on the case and type of entity
Application process and timeline
How to apply for IMTA & KITAS.
The process of application for IMTA and KITAS takes approximately ten weeks.
Pre-IMTA/pre-working permit approval
- Your employer will submit its application to the local manpower department to use foreign manpower
- The Ministry of Manpower will then schedule an interview with your employer
- If the interview is satisfactory, the Ministry will approve the application and will inform you and your employer of the allowed duration of stay (depending on employment type)
IMTA/work permit approval
- Prior to IMTA approval, DKP-TKA (Development Funds in Exchange of hiring a foreign worker) advanced payment of USD100 per month needs to be paid
- IMTA approval. You are now allowed to work in Indonesia legally
- Application for VITAS temporary stay visa
- Once the VITAS is approved, the approval is issued by the Indonesian Immigration Office in Jakarta and telexed to the Indonesian embassy abroad
- VITAS approval process takes approximately five working days
- VITAS is issued by the Indonesian embassy abroad
- Collect VITAS in person before entering Indonesia
Convert VITAS into KITAS work visa with MERP
- Prepare the application form together with the application documents which Acclime would have already collected and prepared while you were busy packing your bags
- Go through biometric data processing at the airport immigration or immigration office in person
- If all documents are ready the process takes approximately eight working days
- Once approved, KITAS is now available as an online record together with MERP (multiple exit/re-entry permit). Your MERP will have the same duration as your KITAS.